We are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Consultant to work in our Bradford office. If you want to apply for this role, please complete the form at the bottom of the page.
Technical Support Consultant
A Technical Support Consultant is required with a can-do attitude to join a leading SAP and Microsoft partner who provide software implementation, support and technical services, including cloud solutions.
This is a varied and challenging technical role working in a geographically dispersed team. Responsibilities will include:
- 2nd/3rd level support duties
- regular system maintenance and management
- design, build and upgrade of systems
- creating, maintaining and enforcing policy
- working within a compliance and SLA environment
The role is based from the Bradford office. The standard work day is structured around the core business hours of 8am to 6.30pm, together with rota-based evening and weekend work. There is future intention to offer support for different time zones in which case shift working will be required.
The base salary range for the role is between £24,000 to £34,000 depending on experience and qualifications. In addition to base salary, the role provides benefits including company pension scheme, healthcare & life insurance, 25 days holiday per year and annual incentive scheme. Additionally, you will be given the opportunity to train and develop your skills in leading and emerging technologies.
Required Technical Skills:
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems (2012, 2016)
- Must hold MCSA or MCSE certification
- Expert knowledge of Citrix products including XenApp/Desktop and NetScaler
- Ideally hold CCP or CCE certification
- Strong knowledge of virtualisation technologies, including VMWare and Hyper-V
- Strong knowledge of Security product including Firewalls, MFA, AD, Encryption
- Strong knowledge of Cloud offerings including Microsoft Azure
- Good knowledge of Networking including LAN/WAN, hardware and software e.g. SDN, VPN
- Good knowledge of Linux Enterprise operating system e.g. SUSE or RedHat
- Good Knowledge of Server and Storage hardware configuration and support
- Good Knowledge of Scripting / Programming
Required Non-Technical Skills
- Proven infrastructure management and helpdesk experience
- Solid experience in terms of problem solving and performance troubleshooting.
- Excellent communication skills as the job requires a high degree of verbal and written communication
- Documentation is a priority for this role, so the use of Word and MS Excel are a must.
- Use of support desk systems
- Be highly motivated, hard-working and possess good time management skill
- Degree educated from a recognised institution
- Able to work collaboratively with the team and on their own with minimal supervision
Desired but not essential Skills:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SAP NetWeaver/Basis Technical Support experience
- SAP HANA Technical Support experience
- SAP BPC Technical Support experience
- Microsoft Skype, Exchange, SharePoint and Office365 implementation and management
- Compliance certification such as ISO 27001 or ISAE 3402
- ITIL Foundation certification
- Cyber security training and certifications
If you want to apply for this role, please complete the form below.